history of Rainhill Farm dates back to the early 1900's. Every piece of Rainhill
land and building has a historic connection and a great many stories to be
told about it. Ironically The Chapel was built exactly the same as The Big
Lounge, using the same wattle and daub style. Back in the day Rainhill Farm
used to be an orange farm where they used to sell the oranges as is. In the
1930's came the Great Depression, a time when people had no money and work.
The farm owners, then the McGregors, decided to make marmalade with the oranges.
Look through our wonderful galleries for some of the pictures of the past
including the original advert used to sell the marmalade. Included are also
pictures of the jars and caps used in the bottling process as well as the
original letter from a meteorologist dated 1914 declaring Rainhill Farm an
official weather station.